ARDALAN F. BINIAZ, B.Eng.|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada · 416 701-9441 (Res.) · 416 577-9441 (Cell)
Bottom of Page
TORONTO PLASTICS LTD., TORONTO|
Jun. 00 - pres. Quality/Project Engineer.
GSW WATER HEATING COMPANY, FERGUS, ONTARIO, CANADA
- As result of work done by a project engineering team of which I was a member, our client Xerox is now building the world's fastest digital printer.
- My role was to source parts, have them manufactured and assembled, then qualify the parts. Where necessary, I had the parts remanufactured to client's satisfaction.
- As a team member, I demonstrated the ability to work harmoniously, effectively and efficiently with colleagues.
- Many people are somewhat reluctant to express themselves. In project engineering, I have found the following technique to be highly effective. I ask questions, and I get answers. Most people stop there. I don't. I ask follow-up questions, which serve two purposes: (1) they elicit helpful information and ideas; (2) they communicate, indirectly, how much I value opinions of others.
- Played crucial role in enabling employer to pass ISO 9001 / QS 9000 audit. I conducted internal audits and provided counsel that resulted in correction of errors.
1998-99 Assistant Design Engineer.
TUTORING SERVICE, TORONTO
- Saved $200K by identifying and correcting discrepancy with CSA standards.
- Significantly improved both combustion and efficiency by modifying and designing new baffles for ten systems.
- Improved combustion and reduced ignition time by assisting with development of igniter covers.
- Designed chamber for monitoring of all outside casing temperatures.
- Completed competitive evaluation comparing GSW and Rheem water heaters.
1997-pres. Owner/Operator, PT. Tutor high school students in mathematics.
THE BAY, TORONTO
1998-pres. Sales Associate, PT.
A. F. BINIAZ CLEANING SERVICES, TORONTO
- Ranked among top 20 associates for all Ontario, for last 18 months, consistently generating double the average gross revenue.
ALL ONTARIO RECREATION SERVICES LTD., MISSISSAUGA (GREATER TORONTO)
- Hired, trained, supervised and successfully motivated employees, who performed satisfactorily throughout life of business, which consistently turned a profit.
1995 Lifeguard / Swimming Instructor.
McMASTER UNIVERSITY, HAMILTON, ONTARIO, CANADA|
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, 2000.
WON Silver and Bronze medallions in swimming competitions for all City of Scarborough high schools, 1992-95.
- Elective Courses: industrial design, industrial noise analysis, advanced thermodynamics.
- Supplementary Course: shop safety.
- Acquired Computer Skills: Pro/E, CADKey, AutoCAD / Mechanical Desktop; MS Win 98, NT4.0, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; FORTRAN, C++, MATLAB.
- Teaching Assistant, Mathematics and Statistics Dept., 1997-99.
- Mechanical Engineering Society
- Elected Treasurer, 1997-98; Representative, 1998-99.
- Planned and organized Mechanical Engineering Soap Box Derby, 1995-96.
© Copyright 2001-2002 Ardalan F. Biniaz and
A Site To Behold TM
This site is best viewed with Netscape 4.xx