Pefferlaw • Ontario • Canada
~ COPYRIGHT ~ END OF PAGE
Recent business graduate with 7 years' managerial employment. Demonstrated ability to motivate staff. Strong service ethic. Team player. Results-oriented. Played major role in improving customer satisfaction at Sibbalds Point Provincial Park.
C.A. SELLERS CLEANING SERVICES LTD. (FAMILY BUSINESS), PEFFERLAW, ONT.
1995-pres. Superintendent of Maintenance, Sibbalds Point Provincial Park, FT summers,
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of this site, located in Sutton, Ontario — a large provincial park with 1,000 campsites and 13 washroom facilities.
- Hired, trained, supervised and motivated 30 maintenance staff.
- Disciplined and fired staff as necessary.
- Dramatically reduced number of complaints by the public with respect to level of cleanliness.
- Accomplished largely by earning respect of staff. This was achieved by performing the cleaning duties along with them, i.e., getting my hands dirty. In so doing, I made it evident that I did not look down on these people, but rather, considered myself a member of their team.
- Reference: Assistant Superintendent, Sibbalds Point Provincial Park.
BELL CANADA PHONE CENTRE, NEWMARKET, ONT.
- Promote cleanliness by interacting with campers on regular basis.
- Senior employee on site, working with little supervision.
1998 Sales Representative, 6 mos., PT
- Accomplished purpose for which hired, i.e., to cut down on amount of time customers had to spend waiting in line.
- To this end, took initiative to greet people as soon as they entered store. Previously, many people would come for a purpose that could be achieved quickly, e.g., acquiring a phone book. However, they would often wait in line for a long period and become angry. My job was to take care of these things efficiently, enabling us to better attend to customers making major purchases.
- Took initiative to offer to wrap presents for patrons during Christmas period.
- Cited by superior for demonstrated ability to look after customers properly.
Business Administration/Marketing Diploma, Sir Sandford Fleming College, Peterborough, Ont., April 2002
Ontario Secondary School Diploma, 1999
- Earned Cornell Restaurant Administration Certificate having completed course involving computerized simulation of restaurant environment.
Certificate of completion, Bell Ontario Customer Service Course, 1998
© Copyright 2002 Casey Sellers and A Site To Behold TM
T O P