Sept. 1997 - Aug. 2000 Inventory Control Administrator, Maple, Ont.|
Aug. 1994 - Aug. 1997 Warehouse and General Manager, Brampton Branch, Brampton, Ont.
- Promoted from previous position in recognition of demonstrated ability to produce under pressure.
- Devised and implemented strategy that led to Exide's winning these awards for excellence in service and product quality: Chrysler's "Penstar" Award, 1999 and 2000; New Holland's "Award of Excellence," 2000.
- Performed scheduling and quality assurance for shipments to Canadian Tire Corporation, John Deere Corporation, Case Corporation, Hyundai, Mazda and Ford.
- Cited by Manager, Distribution Centre, for sense of humour, which had very positive effect on his staff during periods when pressure was particularly heavy and employees were experiencing high levels of stress.
Aug. 1992 - Jul. 1994 Warehouse Manager, Brampton, Ont.
- Promoted from previous position in recognition of demonstrated ability to effect substantial savings.
- Only employee in Canada to serve concomitantly in both positions. Scope of responsibilities far exceeded the norm for a manager. I was involved in hiring, firing, training and discipline; accounts payable/receivable; direct service to customers; and sales. In addition, I provided counsel to new branches in Montréal, Ottawa, London and Sudbury during startup.
Mar. 1987 - Aug. 1992 Assistant Warehouse Manager, Brampton, Ont.
- Promoted from previous position in recognition of demonstrated accuracy.
- Saved thousands of dollars by (a) negotiating favourable contracts with suppliers and (b) reducing shrinkage through sale of discarded goods.
Jan. 1986 - Mar. 1987 General Labourer, Mississauga, Ont.
- Promoted from previous position: selected from over 100 labourers to fill this position, in recognition of ability to learn quickly.
- Achieved and maintained 99% accuracy in coordinating shipments.