MICHELLE ELAINE FORBES
Copyright Bottom of Page
2221-2869 Battleford Road · Mississauga (Greater Toronto)
Canada L5N 2S6 · Telephone: 905 286-9-765 · E-mail: email@example.com
WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH CENTRE, ETOBICOKE CAMPUS,
INTENSIVE AND CORONARY CARE UNITS, TORONTO
Apr. 01 - pres. Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work with extremely minimal supervision.
- E.g., in administering medication and providing patient care.
- Learn quickly.
- E.g., to measure cardiac output.
HUMBER RIVER REGIONAL HOSPITAL, CHURCH STREET SITE,
- Regularly receive positive feedback from patients:
- Female, post-operative patient appreciated that I anticipated her needs. E.g., she needed to keep a wet cloth inside her mouth, to overcome dryness. She remarked that I was the only nurse who provided this assistance in a manner that made her feel comfortable.
- This is typical of the personalized service I provide to all my patients, and it goes a long way towards developing rapport and maintaining excellent patient relations.
EMERGENCY HOLDING AREA / EMERGENCY, TORONTO
Feb. 01 - Apr. 02 Registered Nurse.
- Selected from among staff to provide orientation to holding-area nurses who had been recently hired by hospital. Was given this responsibility in recognition of proven organizational skills and leadership ability.
- I demonstrated the latter trait when delegated the responsibility of scheduling colleagues' activities in our holding area. This task was given to me because I had shown initiative in asking questions to ensure sufficient staff were on duty at all times.
- My preceptor saw that I not only cared about performing my own duties, but saw the big picture and understood how my role fit into the team effort that made nursing at Humber a success.
FLORIDA HOSPITAL, ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY AND PEDIATRICS,
- Employed by Med-Staff International (formerly SRT Medstaff) to serve above hospital.
AVON PARK, FLORIDA
Dec. 99 - Feb. 01 Registered Nurse.
JFK MEDICAL CENTRE, ATLANTIS, FLORIDA
Jul. 97 - Dec. 99
Nov. 96 - Apr. 97
- Performed entire range of duties in medical-surgical setting and stepdown unit:
- Telemetry monitoring; preoperative and postoperative teaching and care; orthopaedic, pulmonary and cardiovascular care. Served as charge nurse.
MED-STAFF INTERNATIONAL (FORMERLY SRT MEDSTAFF), TORONTO
- Medical-surgical unit. Employed by Northern Lights Staffing, a North Carolina agency, to work as travelling nurse for above centre.
May - Jul. 97 Registered Nurse.
Dec. 95 - Feb. 96 Registered Nursing Assistant.
Above positions: provided hospital relief and private home care.
FAMILY OF PATIENT WITH MS (DETAILS AT INTERVIEW), TORONTO
Feb. - Nov. 96 Registered Nurse.
LEISURE WORLD NURSING HOME, TORONTO
- Administered medications and tube feeding. Assisted with regular, daily activities.
Jan. 95 - Feb. 96 Registered Practical Nurse.
EDUCATON AND CERTIFICATION
- Evening charge nurse in 61-bed unit. Administered medications, dressings and treatments.
COLLEGE OF NURSES OF ONTARIO
Registered Nurse, 1996.
Registered Nursing Assistant, 1986.
STATE BOARDS OF EDUCATION
Registered Nurse, 1997 (licensed in New York and Florida).
CANADIAN HEALTH EDUCATORS, MISSISSAUGA (GREATER TORONTO)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate, 2000.
GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY, TORONTO
Diploma in Nursing, 1995.
LONDON BOARD OF EDUCATION, LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA
Completed Registered Nursing Assistant course, 1986.
SENECA COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY, TORONTO
Completed Medical Administration course, 1988.
HUMBER COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY, TORONTO
Completed the following courses, Apr. - Nov. 2001:
NURSES' EDUCATION ENTERPRISES, MISSISSAUGA (GREATER TORONTO)
- Physical Assessment, Critical Care Nursing I and II, Nephrology I.
- Respiratory Nursing (half course).
Completed IV Therapy and Venipuncture courses, 1997.
© Copyright 2002 Michelle Elaine Forbes and A Site To Behold TM
T O P O F P A G E