Toronto · Ontario · Canada
Bottom of Page
1990 - 2001 Manager, Toronto Office|
- Demonstrated ability to retain clientele.
- E.g., a particular couple had lost rail tickets, resulting in denial of service. Railway insisted they purchase new tickets, a suggestion that was unacceptable. Through extensive negotiation, I persuaded railway to make exception to its policy and grant passage to clients.
- Upon completion of trip, customers sent letter of appreciation to Keytours.
- Hired, trained and supervised 30 destination representatives.
- Avoided problems with staff by being extremely clear about expectations from the start. This was facilitated by a detailed procedures manual, which I solely developed and wrote.
- Before I commenced working with Keytours, channels of communication were not highly developed, creating difficulty in looking after clients properly. I took initiative to develop systems that made it easy to get appropriate information to hotel staff. Thereupon, hotels were able to finalize reservations and provide keys to rooms, which we, in turn, presented to customers when they arrived. As result, Keytours clientele received first class service, generating substantial repeat business.
|OTHER TRAVEL EMPLOYMENT
GRAYLINE BOAT TOURS, TORONTO|
Manager, Travel Trade (over 2 yrs.)
- Substantially increased profits by:
- Taking initiative to develop new packages sold to wholesalers, e.g., one that included meals at CN Tower.
- Selling products at conventions: National Tour Association, American Bus Association, Ontario Motor Coach, Rendezvous Canada, Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Trade and Recreation Marketplaces.
- Travelling throughout northeastern US to meet with wholesalers in person and explain benefits of services.
- Updated brochure annually.
GRAN FESTA RISTORANTE, TORONTO|
Manager, Group Sales (over 2 yrs.)
- Increased bus visits from 5 to 300 per annum. Successfully sold services to corporate, senior and educational groups, as well as F.I.T.
Ontario Secondary School Graduate Diploma|
Completed courses in Public Relations (York University), Sales and Marketing, Toronto
© Copyright 2001-2002 Reva Goodman and
A Site To Behold TM
This site is best viewed with Netscape 4.xx