Resume of Myron M. Grunberg
MYRON M. GRUNBERG
6130 Newton Drive #4212 • Fort Worth • Texas 76132
United States • Telephone: 210-849-0884
Optimized for Windows Internet Explorer 10
Tennis and Managerial Positions
- National, ATP, ITF, WTA and Davis Cup Coach.
- Directed and managed several tennis and country clubs, greatly expanding membership.
2009 - CURRENT POSITION
2009 - 2012 DIRECTOR/PARTNER, LAVALLE RODDICK SCHOOL OF TENNIS
- Athletic Fellow and Director/Owner, Roddick Grunberg School of Tennis, at Trinity Valley High School (TVS) one of the premier private schools in the USA, with an average graduating SAT score of 1900.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of Roddick Grunberg School of Tennis (log on to www.TrinityValleySchool.org and click "Athletics" on the top right-hand side of the page for a complete preview of the tennis school).
(PREVIOUSLY THE RODDICK TOTAL TENNIS ACADEMY), SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
2007 - 2009 DIRECTOR, RODDICK TOTAL TENNIS, SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
- Responsible for entire day to day operation of Tennis School. Directed daily training of all National, International and Professional players. Directed Summer camp; accompanied Academy players to tournaments.
- The School of Tennis has placed over 20 students in Universities with tennis scholarships. Universities include Boston College, University, of Texas, Purdue, University of North Carolina, Princeton, University of Michigan, University of Georgia, Columbia, Embry Riddle, and Texas Christian University.
- Grew the Academy from 0 to 20 full time boarding students. Achieved despite closure of Academy for a period of 10 months (while John Roddick assumed the coaching responsibilities of his brother Andy).
- Personally coached 4 players who subsequently reached top ten in the Junior rankings (ITF). These players include Vladimir Ignatik (#1 & winner of Junior French Open), Henrique Cunha (#10), Alexey Grigorov (#5) and Johanna Konta (#10).
COACHING EXPERIENCE & JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tennis Canada Coaching Excellence Award, 2002.
- National Achievement Award, 2000.
- Coached on ATP tour for six years.
- Touring Coach for Tennis Canada.
- Adviser to numerous International and National coaches.
- General Manager (Richmond Hill Country Club):
- Promoted from Tennis Director in recognition of entrepreneurial ability and initiative.
- Built on achievements as Tennis Director by drawing and additional 2,000 members.
- Hired, trained, motivated and supervised 50 employees. E.g., fitness, tennis, aquatic directors. Many of these employees remained with the company for more than 10 years.
- Recruiting agent for SFX Sports Group.
- Head Coach of Mexican Davis Cup Team that defeated Canada Cuba, Peru, Spain, Brazil, and Venezuela, eventually qualifying for the World Group.
- Coaching Course Conductor, Tennis Canada, Levels 2 and 3.
- Coach on 2006 Canadian Davis Cup Team against Belarus.
- Coached several players ranked in top ATP 100, including Leo Lavalle, Oliver Fernandez, Sargis Sargisian, and Tommy Shimada, and Frank Dancevic, and Victor Estrella.
- Canadian Junior Davis Cup Captain, 1999.
- Participated in Under 18 National Regrouping Program, 2005.
- Served as Coach at the Richmond Hill Country Club (most successful High Performance Academy in Canada).
- Director of Leo Lavalle's Mexico's Tennis Champions Talent Identification Program.
- Coach on the Canadian Under 14 National Camps.
TENNIS COACHING QUALIFICATIONS
- Former National 35 and Over Singles Champion (indoor and outdoor).
- Former National 35 and Over Singles Champion (indoor).
- Former Eastern National 50 and Over Singles Champion (indoor).
- Represented Canada in Gordon Cup.
- Ranked Nationally as a Professional.
United States Professional Tennis Association P1 Coach.
Level III Tennis Canada Coach.
National Coaching Certification Program (Canada), Level III:
Served as apprentice to Tudor Bompa, International Lecturer in Periodization and Coaching Methodology, and Dr. Susan Wilson, Professor of Psychology, York University.
- Sport Psychology.
- Sport Physiology.
Completed Marketing Program and Management courses, International
Racquet Sports Assn., Chicago.
Completed Executive Writing Skills course, Seneca College of Applied
Arts and Technology, Toronto.
English, French, German, Polish.
Copyright © 2003-2013 Myron M. Grunberg and
A Site To Behold
This site has been optimized for Windows Internet Explorer 10