3577 Derry Road East #202
Mississauga (Greater Toronto)
Canada L4T 1B3 • Tel. 905 612-0646
End of Page
OPTIMIZED FOR MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 6
Entry-level IT position
3 Years' solid IT-related experience. Demonstrated initiative, interpersonal skill, and ability to troubleshoot, efficiently enhancing employer's bottom line.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
UNIX Administrator I, Sun Microsystems.
AS/400 Business Applications Certificate,
- Completed UNIX Administration I / Sun Solaris course, Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, 2004.
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology,
Completed MS SQL Server 2000 Programming course, Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, 2003.
Completed courses in Systems Administration and AS/400 Communications, Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, 1999.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology, Sheridan College of Applied Arts and Technology, Brampton (Greater Toronto), 1994.
IMPERIAL FREEZER (1998) INC., MISSISSAUGA (GREATER TORONTO)
Nov. 02 - pres. Operate AS/400 full time, as customer service officer.
- Played key role in reducing overhead by computerizing account for client Quality Meat Packers Ltd. (QMP), which constitutes approximately 65% of employer's business. (QMP owns AS/400 machine I operate.)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills by establishing and maintaining excellent working relationship with IT professionals, including AS/400 Systems Administrator, as well as other officers at QMP.
- Handle all data entry, invoicing, and reporting requirements for this client.
- Use WRKOUTQ command to change AS/400 job status.
CONFEDERATION FREEZERS, BRAMPTON (GREATER TORONTO)
Jan. 00 - Jan. 02 Set up orders and performed troubleshooting for AS/400,
as inventory clerk.
- Approximately 50% of time spent on IT-related duties.
- Avoided (a) loss of tens of thousands of dollars and (b) client dissatisfaction, in preventing a shipping delay. Accomplished by:
- Troubleshooting the following situation.
- Order-entry clerk had accidentally input an inventory-related figure that was wrong. On detecting this, I devised a method of overcoming the problem without the necessity of altering the clerk's figure.
- As a result, we were able to ship on time, bill for merchandise, and collect revenues.
- Liaising with our analyst, thus observing protocol and ensuring compliance with company policy.
- The above was typical of the kind of intervention I performed.
- Successfully troubleshot problems involving RF scanners and IBM printers.
- In this position, I used:
- EDI methods in working with AS/400, as well as UNIX server.
- Inventory control software built with SQL.
- Backed up data on both AS/400 and UNIX.
ADDITIONAL COMPUTER SKILL
RPG/4 programming, involving relational databases, subfiles and screen
files; using SDA, DDS, PDM and SEU.
2002-2005 Mansoor Khan and A Site To Behold
Best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6