KEITH PLYTNIK, B.Sc. (cand.)|
Bradford • Ontario • Canada
Bottom of Page
8 years' progressive IT employment. Winner, several academic, civic and athletic (curling) awards. Micro-
soft and CompTIA Certified.
B.Sc. (cand.), Ryerson University, Toronto. Major: Applied Computer Science. Completed three of four years.|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology Control Systems, Georgian College, Barrie, Ontario, 1994.
Microsoft Certified Professional, 2001
- Member, Men's Curling Team. Undefeated champions, 1993-94. Awards received from:
- Ontario College Athletic Association
- Gold Medal
- Most Sportsmanlike Team
- City of Barrie
- Received from Bradford District High School, Bradford, Ontario:
- Georgian College Grade 12 Electronics Award, 1988
- T. H. Gardner Grade 12 Electronics Award, 1989
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, 2001
CompTIA A+ Certified Professional, 2002
Certified Open Water Diver, Professional Association of Diving Instructors (current)
COMPUTER SERVICE, BRADFORD WEST GWILLIUMBURY, ONTARIO|
INNOVATIVE AUTOMATION INC. (SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR), BARRIE, ONTARIO
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Troubleshoot effectively and efficiently.
- Satisfy clientele in rendering wide variety of services.
- For example:
- Client contacted me because her computer would not boot. I diagnosed the problem, solved it, and had her system working within 10 minutes.
- Manufacturer required an upgrade to Win XP, along with a peer-to-peer network, within short time frame. There was a problem with the original system that was covered under warranty. I gave my client a loaner, so that he could avoid downtime. Then I arranged to have his computer fixed at no charge, performed the upgrade, and installed the network. The client was particularly pleased that all the work was done promptly, without causing interruption to service.
Jan. 95 - May 97 Electrical Engineering Technologist
Sept. - Dec. 93, May - Aug. 94 Cooperative Student
- Hired and promoted in recognition of strong performance in previous position.
- With co-worker, successfully and efficiently devised method of importing AutoCAD into Allen Bradley PanelView 550. As far as we know, this had never been achieved before.
- Installed Win 95/NT peer-to-peer network with Internet access to all machines.
- Participated in writing of ISO 9000 Quality Assurance Program manual.
NAGY'S GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING, RIVERDRIVE PARK, ONTARIO
- Built and wired electrical panels and machines.
- Designed and drafted panel layouts and schematics using AutoCAD.
- Wrote operation/maintenance manuals.
Jun. - Dec. 00, Aug. - Dec. 01 Gardener's Labourer
- Exceeded expectations by not only performing duties to clients' satisfaction, but generating additional revenue in rendering extra services.
- Was asked to return, but declined to pursue IT career.
© Copyright 2002 Keith Plytnik and
A Site To Behold TM