314 Brunswick Avenue · Toronto · Canada M5R 2Y9 · (416) 9 98-58-68 · email@example.com
LIFE DIRECTION TRAINING, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
YELLOW DOG MUSIC (SCHOOL), TORONTO
- Helped clients achieve both clarity and resolve with respect to life transitions and relationships, by asking precise questions.
- Used psychodramatic techniques.
- Devised technique that proved effective in allowing clients to access inner guidance.
- Consistently received feedback from clients to the effect that therapy had been pivotal in enabling them to enact life transitions (e.g., career change) or improve primary relationships.
LEARNING THROUGH THE ARTS, TORONTO
- Instruct children aged 4-17 in piano and guitar, specifically technique, improvisation and creative development.
- Assist students with learning difficulties.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess learning style and develop program to suit individual nature. Achieved by developing and implementing:
- Listening skills.
- Communicative skills.
2002-pres. Teaching Artist (pending)
TORONTO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD, TORONTO
- Secured contract that will take effect Sept. 2002.
- Teach in various schools throughout greater Toronto, grades 1-12. Core curriculum will be instructed, using artistic methods.
- Mentored by William Beauvais, classical guitar teacher, Royal Conservatory of Music.
2002-pres. Music Therapist
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Hired to implement technique to develop original musical compositions along with "at-risk" students in order to increase self-esteem and motivate them to do well in academic studies.
- Took initiative to devise technique for this employer in harmony with its mission to provide quality education for all students, regardless of ability, disability or circumstance.
Honours Bachelor of Music Therapy, Open Learning Agency (accredited degree-granting university) through Capilano College, Vancouver, Canada, 1999.
Completed courses in Psychology, as well as Cultural and Native Studies, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, 1991-93.
- GPA: 3.8.
- Won prize for ranking among top four students in college, 1996.
Secondary School Diploma, Quebec, 1989.
- Attained Dean's List, 1992.
Certified Music Therapist (cand.), Canadian Association of Music Therapists. Certification expected May 2002.
- "A" average.
- Won Drama, Music, Biology and Computer Awards; English Scholarship.
- Served as Prefect.
Blue Belt (cand.), Capoeira, Afro-Brazilian martial art incorporating dance. Designation expected Apr. 2002.